THE NEED FOR NAM IS CRITICAL
Our neighbors are going hungry. Not in some far away place, but right here in Houston. More than 40% of NAM’s service area is considered a food desert, and 1 in 3 children are dealing with food scarcity.
Thanks to the grace and generosity of neighbors like you, NAM is here to meet the need with programs that put nutrition in the hands of hungry neighbers and families that often have nowhere else to turn.
NAM's programs to feed the hungry include:
- The Joanne Watford Nutrition Center
- Meals on Wheels
- Super Food Giveaways
- Emergency food response
- Holiday meals
Here are some real facts from NAM's 2022 annual report:
- During Fiscal Year 2021-2022 NAM served 122,492 neighbors in need.
- Groceries for nearly 33,000 people through the Joanne Watford Nutrition Center.
- Meals on Wheels delivered 233,743 nutritious meals to 1,195 homebound seniors and adults with disabilities.
- Prior to the pandemic, the Joanne Watford Nutrition Center (JWNC) at NAM served an average of 60 to 75 households a week. This year it served between 200 and 300 per week—a total of 32,854 individuals.
- The Joanne Watford Nutrition Center provided food for 32,854 individuals; many of these clients were new. In partnership with the Houston Food Bank, NAM hosted a series of drive-thru food distributions serving 8,327 families.
The need is even greater in 2023 and we simply cannot keep these programs going without your help.
To honor NAM's 40th anniversary, our #40for40 campaign is hoping to raise at least $40 from supporters like you so we can keep feeding the hungry in our community. Please bless NAM, and the neighbors we serve, with your #40for40 contribution now.