LICENSED THERAPIST/SOCIAL WORKER
Department: Family Violence Center
Location: 15555 Kuykendahl Rd., Houston, TX 77090
FLSA Status: Full-time Salaried, Exempt
Salary: $55,000 annually
The Licensed Therapist/Social Worker is responsible for providing therapeutic services to adult survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. The position will also supervise contract therapists who provide therapeutic services to children, adolescents, and Spanish-speaking clients. The Licensed Therapist/Social Worker serves as the site supervisor for non-medical internships. Position will be responsible for professionally interfacing with NAM staff, volunteers, clients, interns, community partners, as well as the FVC team.
- Work with adults/adolescents/child victims of family violence and sexual assault in individual, family, or group therapy
- Supervision of contract therapists and therapist interns
- Participate in case staffing/assessments meetings necessary to determine a client’s eligibility for therapy services
- Availability to serve as the crisis intervention specialist, as needed, throughout NAM
- Oversee the storage, maintenance, ordering, and inventory of all therapeutic supplies
- Serve as site supervisor for social work, human service, and counseling student interns assigned to NAM
- Develop working relationships with local institutions of higher learning to develop NAM’s internship program
- Maintain regular communication with FVC Director regarding programming needs
- Provide back-up support to the FVC Hotline to provide telephone crisis counseling, crisis intervention, client assessment, and community referrals, as appropriate
- Periodic coverage of the FVC after-hours, on-call cell phone to provide telephone crisis counseling, crisis intervention, client assessment, and community referrals, as appropriate
- Participate in the monthly review of assigned client files with case managers and volunteers, and interns; including review of file contents, service eligibility, client safety, client goals and referrals
- Staffing client concerns with Key Staff (DV Services Coordinator, SA Services Coordinator, or FVC Director) including definition of problems, eligibility for services, and identifying appropriate referrals
- Ensuring and protecting client confidentiality
- Produce statistical and narrative reports, as required by NAM, FVC or funders
- Operating within budgetary guidelines and in compliance with grant funding
- Develop working relationships internally and with external agencies
- Facilitate data entry in NAM’s database(s) and checking accuracy
- Assist in the training of new staff, volunteers, and student interns
- Attend NAM and FVC staff meetings, staff events, community events, and fundraising activities as scheduled
- Flexible work hours as needed to promote FVC’s mission
Other duties may be assigned.
The FVC Licensed Therapist/Social Worker is responsible for the direct supervision of contract therapists and intern therapists. This responsibility includes, but it not limited, to FVC orientation, review of FVC standards and documentation, monthly file processing, and review therapeutic interventions. Staff Therapist is also responsible for processing of contract therapy invoices and monitoring of related grant budgets.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- LCSW licensing is required, plus four to ten years related experience and/or training. Proof of current State of Texas licensure is a requirement.
- Prior experience working with victims/survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault is required.
- Must provide copies of current State of Texas Licensure in counseling field and maintain liability/malpractice insurance annually. Must have dependable transportation.
- Database Software - familiar
- Internet Software - familiar
- Spreadsheet Software (Excel) - required
- Word Processing Software (Word) - required
- “Microsoft Office” - required
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Licensed Therapist/Social Worker” in the subject line.
Only résumés forwarded to email@example.com will be considered. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
*All applicants must be able to pass a background check.