Northwest Assistance Ministries THRIVE offers a Community Health Worker (CHW) training program that will equip you with the skills you need to begin a new career in the healthcare industry and excel as a CHW.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF A COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER?
Community Health Workers are responsible for educating community members on a variety of health issues and available community programs. They work as a liaison between health organizations and the general public to provide relevant information and guide individuals towards a better understanding of health issues. The median salary for CHWs is $15-$16 an hour. For more information click here.
YOU QUALIFY FOR SPONSORED VOCATIONAL TRAINING IF...
- You are 18 years or older
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident
- You have your GED or High School diploma
- You earn at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
To see if you qualify for a scholarship click here.
ABOUT THE CLASSES
- Classes are held at The Harrell Family Opportunity Center located behind NAM's main building
- Classes start August 27, 2019
- Classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- This is a 16-week program
CLASS SPACE IS LIMITED - CALL TODAY! 281-885-4626