NAM could not fulfill its mission without volunteers. It’s as simple as that. They impact every program in every way.
With every hour of service and every conversation, they make an impact. But most often, they find that volunteering impacts their own lives as well.
There’s a place for you at NAM. You have a one-of-a-kind contribution to make because no one else has your unique blend of experiences, skills, and personality. No one else is you.
NAM is in need of a large volume of volunteers for the up-coming events listed below. If you would like to volunteer for any of these events, please email [email protected]
Food Fair at Joanne Watford Nutrition Center
* July 17 – (8:30am – 12:00pm) Volunteers needed to unload Houston Food Bank truck, pack grocery bags, and prepare food pantry areas.
* July 18 – (8am – 12pm) Volunteers needed to take food to cars.
Phone Bank with Centralized Intake
* July 18 (9am - 4pm) – Volunteers will be handling interviews and phone calls to clients.
* July 25 (9am - 4pm) Volunteers will be handling interviews and phone calls to clients.
Houston Food Bank Food Distribution
* Aug 11 (times/shifts TBD) – Volunteers needed for food distribution at Spring Stadium.
* Aug 25 (times/shifts TBD) – Volunteers needed for food distribution at Spring Stadium.
Food Distribution with Housing
* Aug 21 – Volunteers needed to prepare food baskets
* Aug 22 – Volunteers needed to distribute baskets to clients
If you're not available to volunteer during the dates/times listed above, but still want to volunteer, NAM has these other volunteer opportunities available during the week days:
* NAM Resale volunteers duties include sorting and organizing donations in the warehouse.
* The Joanne Watford Nutrition Center (JWNC) volunteers sort food donations and make grocery packs for clients.
* Meals on Wheels volunteer drivers are needed to deliver meals to seniors and disabled adults.
All of these are great opportunities for groups, organizations, companies, students, and families. If you are interested in volunteering at NAM, please click here to download the volunteer form, or email [email protected] for more information.
The health and safety of our community is important to us. NAM is continually following the guidelines set up by the CDC and the City of Houston by requiring all volunteers, clients, and NAM staff to wear a face mask and practice social distancing. NAM will also provide disposable gloves to volunteers working in NAM Resale and the JWNC.