COVID-19 has made us all re-evaluate the way we do things and NAM is no exception. We take the safety of our clients, volunteers, and staff very seriously. NAM continues to evolve during these unprecedented times. To keep up with health guidelines and ensure social distancing, we have updated our website to accept online applications for help with rental assistance.
Everyone needing rental assistance will no longer have to come to NAM and stand in a long line. We will now only accept applications that are filled out on our website. NAM will randomly select 100 applicants every Thursday afternoon from the completed online applications and contact them to schedule an appointment to come in.
If your application is not selected the first time, you may resubmit for the following week. You DO NOT need to fill out the application again, but you will be offered the convenience of resubmitting online. If necessary, you may resubmit your application once every week until you are selected.
Please read the requirements for rental assistance below:
To qualify for assistance services the client must live in the NAM zip code service area. Zip codes serviced by NAM are; 77014, 77032, 77038, 77050, 77060, 77064, 77066, 77067, 77068, 77069, 77070, 77073, 77086, 77090, 77373, 77379, 77388, and 77389.
The following documents are required to receive emergency services and services with an appointment. To qualify for rent or mortgage assistance, the client must live in the NAM zip code service area and prove an unexpected reduction/loss of income, paid emergency expense, or exhaustion of household savings 45 days prior to the date rent or mortgage payment is due. An appointment is required to evaluate the client’s eligibility for financial assistance. Client must have access /capabilities of receiving and emailing and phone access for consideration of assistance.
The client must provide the following documents at the time of the appointment:
- Photo identification for adult household members
- SS cards for every household member (Previous year tax return with social security number is acceptable)
- Birth Certificate for children 0-17 years of age (Birth facts acceptable)
- Entire current signed (electronic signatures are accepted) written lease, housing agreement, or mortgage statement (dated within the last 30 days) in the name of the client applying for assistance.
- Copy of Utility (water, electricity, gas, cable) bill dated within 30 days
- Proof of household income for the past 45 days.
- Current SNAP award letter (if applicable).
- Current SSI award letter for anyone in the household receiving it.
- Unemployment statement if receiving.
- Proof of loss must be within 45 days
- Proof of a reduction of income (wage verification may be required)
- Receipt(s) for a paid emergency expense,
- Loss of income (termination letter)
- Exhaustion of savings (bank statement).
- Landlord verification form (to be completed by landlord and submitted).
- Documented proof of doctor’s appointment, 1st day of work, interview, or homelessness.
Please be advised ALL requested documents, checked on this list are required for consideration of services. Missing documents will result in not being selected or a canceled appointment. The previous month(s) rent/mortgage must be paid in full.
Once you have all of your documents, please click here to fill out the online rental assistance application and submit your required documentation.
If you are in need of other assistance, such as food or prescriptions, please take advantage of NAM's walk-in Intake Office Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.