Rent and Mortgage Assistance Program
NAM will do a random selection every other Thursday from completed online applications.
PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO YOUR APPLICATION AND COMPLETE ALL QUESTIONS.
NAM encourages you to go ahead and complete the application process early.
1. You must activate a secure NAM online account and set a password
2. You may be asked to supply any or all of the the listed documents
The following documents may be required to receive rent or mortgage assistance from NAM. To qualify for rent or mortgage assistance, the client must live in the NAM zip code service area and prove an unexpected reduction/loss of income, paid emergency expense, or exhaustion of household savings 45 days prior to the date rent or mortgage payment is due. A case manager will evaluate the client’s eligibility for financial assistance. Client must have access /capabilities of receiving and emailing and phone access for consideration of assistance.
- Photo identification for adult household members
- SS cards for every household member (Previous year tax return with social security number is acceptable)
- Birth Certificate for children 0-17 years of age (Birth facts acceptable)
- Entire current signed (electronic signatures are accepted) written lease, housing agreement or mortgage statement (dated within last 30 days) in the name of the client applying for assistance.
- Copy of Utility (water, electricity, gas, cable) bill dated within 30 days
- Proof of household income for the past 45 days.
- Current SNAP award letter (if applicable).
- Current SSI award letter for anyone in the household receiving it(if applicable).
- Unemployment statement (if applicable).
- Proof of loss must be within 30 days
- Proof of a reduction of income (wage verification may be required)
- Receipt(s) for a paid emergency expense,
- Loss of income (termination letter)
- Exhaustion of savings (bank statement).
- Landlord verification form (to be completed by landlord and submitted).
- Documented proof of doctor’s appointment, 1st day of work, interview or homelessness (if applicable).
Please be advised you may need to provide some or all of the above documents to receive assistance.
4. You must complete our client intake questionnaire
This automated process should take approximately 30 minutes once you are logged in.