Every 4th Friday of the month NAM partners with the Houston Food Bank to distribute a "Senior Box" that includes produce and other health-related items to seniors.
Who is Eligible for Senior Box Program Produce and Health-Related Items assistance from Houston Food Bank?
– Residents of the following counties where the Houston Food Bank distributes: Harris, Montgomery, Galveston, Brazoria, Waller, Walker, Chambers, Liberty, Fort Bend
– Seniors who are age 60 (and over)
– No income limit – all seniors in need are eligible.
How do I sign up?
– You must sign up in person at NAM in the lobby area the day of distribution. Seniors may arrive at 8 a.m. to sign-in.
– To apply, you will need to present an ID (proof generally includes: driver’s license, military ID, veteran ID, health card, identification card, birth or baptismal certificate, passport, refugee visa)
– Applicants will be asked to provide age, income, and residency information. Proof is not required.
After you sign-in you will be instructed to bring your vehicle around to the Houston Food Bank truck in the NAM parking lot where you will hand the paperwork you receive when you sign in to a volunteer or Houston Food Bank employee. They will then load the box/food into your vehicle for you.