Northwest Assistance Ministries (NAM) THRIVE offers a Certified Nurses Aide (CNA) training program that will equip you with the skills you need to begin a new career in the healthcare industry and excel as a CNA.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF A CERTIFIED NURSES AID?
CNAs are typically responsible for the general care of their patients. Duties will vary, depending on the specific needs of the patient. The most common responsibilities are taking and recording vital signs such as heart rate and blood pressure; assisting them to and from their bed or chair as needed and helping them with feeding and personal hygiene. CNAs may also assist doctors or nurses during medical procedures. Entry-level pay for certified CNAs is typically $12-13 an hour or more. For more information click here.
YOU QUALIFY FOR SPONSORED VOCATIONAL TRAINING IF...
- You are 18 years or older
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident
- You have your GED or High School diploma
- You earn at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
To see if you qualify for a scholarship click here.
ABOUT THE CLASSES
- Classes are held at The Harrell Family Opportunity Center located behind NAM's main building
- Class start date is September 9, 2019
- Class end date is October 18, 2019
- Classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. and Fridays 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.