Northwest Assistance Ministries (NAM) THRIVE offers a Sterile Processing Technician training program that will equip you with the skills you need to begin a new career in the healthcare industry and excel as a Sterile Processing Technician.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF A STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN?
The responsibility of a sterile processing technician is to ensure that equipment, instruments and other needed devices are properly cleaned and inventoried. Some of the duties of a sterile processing technician include cleaning and sterilizing medical instruments, equipment, and surgical trays, examining equipment for problems or malfunctions, testing and monitoring autoclaves, managing inventory of sterile supplies, and setting up surgical wear for use. For more information click here.
YOU QUALIFY FOR SPONSORED VOCATIONAL TRAINING IF...
- You are 18 years or older
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident
- You have your GED or High School diploma
- You earn at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
To see if you qualify for a scholarship click here.
ABOUT THE CLASSES
- Classes are at The Harrell Family Opportunity Center located behind NAM's main building
- Class start date is September 7, 2019
- Class end date is January 11, 2020
- Classes are held on Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.